CTAA COACHING REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for volunteering!
Ensuring that you are ready to coach is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. FINGERPRINTING/ BACKGROUND CHECK-
- All new volunteers must be fingerprinted prior to coaching.
- This needs to be completed as soon as possible.
- The fingerprinting process instructions can be found by visiting the CTAA’s home page. Find the “Training Tab.”
- For a direct link visit: http://www.training.ctaasports.org
- All repeat volunteers, i.e., those who have been fingerprinted in the past for CTAA coaching, must undergo an annual name check.
- We will work with the town to see who needs to have this done and will let everyone know their status once complete. In the event you need to complete a name check, we will provide you with the required form.
2. NAYS-National Alliance for Youth Sports
The NAYS Coach Training will provide our coaches with training on important general and sport-specific coaching topics. After completing the training, your NAYS membership will be in effect. Membership includes an ID card, $1,000,000 limited liability insurance policy, access to members-only resources, plus additional free training certificates
- All new coaches must complete this class. To complete the NAYS Coach Training registration, please sign up for the NAYS Coach Training at http://www.training.ctaasports.org
3. ONLINE CONCUSSION TRAINING COURSE
- Taking this course is a one-time mandatory requirement.
- If you’ve already taken the course and filed your completion certification with the CTAA, you’re done with this requirement.
3. If you have not taken the course and/or filed your completion certification with the CTAA, you need to do so.
i. Visit: https://headsup.cdc.gov/ and complete the course.
ii. File your certification with the CTAA at: